Boekenhoutskloof Franschhoek Cabernet Sauvignon 750ml x 6 Box
The nose is rich and complex with aromas of youngberry, mulberry, damson and wild strawberry and gentle whiffs of smoke and sweet spice. The palate is very refined and polished, with the ripe red fruits of the nose following through with a delicate garrigue character and a smooth texture. Notes of lavender and thyme, precision and finesse on the mid-palate and very fine-grained, powdery tannins make for a very classic Cabernet. The wine is medium-bodied, structured, focused and balanced, with attractive, refreshing acidity. Black fruit, aniseed, cloves, pipe tobacco and cardamon, linger on the finish with hints of graphite.
- Platter Wine Guide 2022, 5 Stars
- Tim Atkin Report 2021, 95 Points
- James Suckling 2021, 93 Points – 2018 Vintage
- Wine Enthusiast 2021, 93 Points –
- Neal Martin in Vinous 2021, 92+ Points